Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Blog Day Fifteen: Greece is the Word

Today in class we started by talking about the pipe that was not really a pipe. We started to talk about the philosophy idea just by discussing it in class. It kind of connects to the Allegory of the Cave. It is almost like you can't believe everything that you see is what it actually looks like it is. For example the pipe wasn't a pipe, it was a projection of of picture of a drawing of a painting of a pipe. Confusing, right? I guess it makes sense, but it also makes me question what other things I'm seeing in my life that aren't what they look like to be. We sadly didn't go that far in class, because it just didn't flow super well. But it is an interesting thing to think about, and it reminds me that I should always ask questions. After that we starting are (Ancient) Greece is the Word PowerPoint. I loved the title, as Grease is one of my favorite movies. For our test, in the future, will we have to know the rivers that match up with each great civilizations. I will also have to learn where the following things are on a map: Aegean Sea, Ionian Sea, Adriatic Sea, Peloponnesus, Athens, Sparta, Crete, Asia Minor, and Macedonia. I'm excited to learn more about Greece next class.

No comments:

Post a Comment