Friday, January 31, 2020

Blog Day Five: Mesopotamia Quiz

Today in class we had our Mesopotamia quiz. I got a 95 which I am proud of. I knew there were a few questions I was not going to get correct. After the quiz we started reading and taking notes on Egypt. A few vocab words that I wrote about were as following. A delta is a broad, marshy, triangular area of land formed by deposits of slit at the mouth of a river. Narmer is a king who created a crown that rules Upper and Lower Egypt. A pharaoh is an Egyptian god- king. Theocracy is a type of government based on religious authority. A pyramid is a resting place after death and an immense structure. Mummification is the embalming and drying of a corpse to keep it from rotting. Hieroglyphics is a flexible writing system meaning "sacred carving." Papyrus is a writing surface made from the dried papyrus plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment