Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Blog Day Forty-Four: My Greece Test Essay Question

For today's assignment we were asked to create our own essay prompt and essay outline.
Prompt: Explain how the Athenian Plague affected Pericles' war plan for Athens.
Outline:
First Paragraph- I would explain Pericles' plan. He wanted to keep Athens on lock down and all the citizens inside of the Athenian walls. The city-state would recive shipments of the supplies they needed to survive inside the walls.
Second Paragraph- I would explain how the plague got to Athens. The fleets were the only contact Athens had with the outside world at the time. I would explain how the fleets brought Athens the plague.
Third Paragraph-  I would explain what the plague's symptoms were. How 1/3 of Athens population died from it.
Fourth Paragraph- I would explain how Pericles was infected. I would explain how even citizens who didn't like Pericles realized that he was holding Athens together, and after his death Athens was left with unrest.
Final Paragraph- Explain how Pericles had a good plan to protect Athens, only he could not have predicted a plague like this to ruin his plan.
Happy Tuesday everyone!

1 comment: