Thursday, June 4, 2020

Final Post: Letter to My Future Self

Dear Future Me,
I am writing this letter you assuming you are around my parents age(40-50ish years old). Wow a lot has happened in the last 12 weeks. At the beginning of 2020 I remember hearing about this sickness going around in another part of the would. I thought to myself, "That couldn't reach us, right?" Wrong. On Friday March 15th, 2020 we were told we were going to be starting online school for the next two weeks. I guess in the back of my mind I knew that we were never really going back, only no one wanted to admit it. What I can't believe is how bad we let it get. I wonder did we ever get COVID? Did another strand break out a few years later that was even worse? I know its a bad thing, but my mind usually skips to the worst thing that could happen. When did we go back to normal, or really, did we ever go back to normal? I have just spent two and a half months adjusting to online school. I have to tell you, it was not easy. Everybody kept saying these are unprecedented times, like that was supposed to make everything better. As time went on I got super stress about school, and it started feeling like a chore. Then, I let myself relax a bit more. I started to wake up a little later, and enjoy the time off. I do miss driving to school with my dad and answering the College of Knowledge on 101.9 every morning. Did we ever do that again, I sure hope so. I thinks what unsettles me the most is that I have no idea when things are going back to normal, and honestly things don't seem to be getting any better. I think I miss dance the most. Are we still dancing? Dance is probably one of the only things that had eased my mind right now. I plan on do a lot of dance classes this summer to keep me busy. As of right now(June 4, 2020) I am planning to go to my aunt's house next week in West Virginia and then I have online driver eds for the next two weeks after that. To wrap up our summer we are planning on going to OBX in August. Knock on wood that we can go, we are renting a big house with 4 other families, so hopefully it was fun. My freshman year had definitely been an exciting one. Don't forget we got pertussis(whooping cough), we got the flu(B), and we did some pretty fun dance things(MDA+IDN) and volunteer work(Wheelchair basketball). I have a few questions. What did we go to college for? What was your favorite high school memory? Do we have children yet? What about our parents, how are they? Where is Sebastian(My brother)? How was college? Do we still wear masks everywhere? Are they teaching about the year 2020 in school yet? I hope you enjoyed your high school experience, I know I loved freshman year, even throughout all the worse parts. If you aren't in tears right, who are you?! Anyway, know that 15 year old me is thinking of you almost everyday.
Much love,
Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment